At IT 4 Kids, we’re committed to our customers and education partners. As well as providing you with a great way of giving and an excellent service, we believe it’s important to protect your privacy.
We’ll collect certain personal information from you when you use our website, when you get in touch with us and, if you sign up, during your customer journey.
- How and why we collect your personal information;
- How we use and disclose your personal information (and to whom);
- How we protect your personal information; and
- How you can access your personal information.
3. Dealing with your personal information
3.1 Collecting your personal information
What will we collect?
The personal information we collect includes your name, email address, postal address, phone number and any other relevant information we need in order to provide our services to you.
We’ll also track your use of our website through cookies – see section 4 below for more details.
When will we collect it?
We (and our agents) collect certain personal from and about you during your sign-up journey, whenever you get in contact with us or use our website or as part of providing our services to you – for example, if you use our website to access your account. We may also monitor and record any communications we have with you, including phone calls and emails, to make sure we are providing an excellent service to our customers.
3.2 Using your personal information
We (and our agents) may use your personal information to:
- Provide our services to you;
- Contact you to see if you would like any help, if you’ve requested support from us or have started but not finished the sign-up journey;
- Contact you for suggestions on how we can improve the way we provide our services to you (e.g. we may ask you to complete a survey);
- Help train our staff, including using your calls and emails as part of our quality monitoring and training processes;
- Create reports or profiles to analyse information for marketing purposes; or
- Help detect and prevent fraud, debt or loss.
We’ll always contact you in the way you’ve asked us to by phone, SMS and/or email.
When you first provide your personal information to IT 4 Kids, we’ll give you the chance to choose whether you’d be happy for IT 4 Kids or our selected third party partners to contact you with marketing information and if you have any preferences for the way you’d like to be contacted. This will include contacting you by email, phone, SMS, multimedia message or other forms of electronic communication.
We (and our agents) will use your personal information for marketing purposes only if you’ve told us we can.
If you’d prefer not to receive this sort of marketing information, or want to change how you receive it, you can always contact us at hello@it4kids at any time. We’ll occasionally remind you that you can update your preferences for receiving marketing information, or if you haven’t told us what your preferences are, we might get in touch to find out.
3.3 Disclosing your personal information
We may allow other organisations and people to use personal information we hold about you:
- To provide any services you have asked for, including providing information to members of your family or household and anyone acting on your behalf (provided you’ve given your consent);
- To provide you with information about our products and services or other products and services which may be of interest to you (provided you’ve given your consent);
- If we sell one or more of our businesses;
- To help prevent and detect debt, fraud or loss. We may give this information to the authorities.
- If we have been asked (for example, by a regulatory authority such as Police) to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes; or
- As part of current or future legal action.
Disclosing information outside the EU
Sometimes these organisations or people may be outside the European Economic Area (EEA), so we may pass your personal information to countries that do not have the same standards or protection for personal information as the UK. If we, our agents or our service providers do this, we’ll always make sure that these organisations will secure your personal information.
3.4 Protecting your personal information
We follow strict security procedures to protect your personal information. This includes following certain guidelines (for example, checking your identity when you phone us).
We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your IT 4 Kids log-in details to anyone. For safety please always remember to logout of your account when you have finished using IT 4 Kids.
From time to time, our website may include hypertext links to sites which are created by individuals and organisations outside of IT 4 Kids. We do this when there is a particular relevance, for instance to use third party services or links to external information. Whilst we always try to check that the content of these sites is suitable, we cannot take any responsibility for the practices of the organisations who publish the sites that we link to, or the accuracy or relevance of the content contained within them.
3.5 Accessing your personal information
You can contact us and ask for a description of any personal information we hold about you, what we’re using it for and who has access to that personal information.
You can also ask us to delete or correct personal information we hold about you if it’s wrong.
If you do contact us, we’ll need to verify your identity before responding to your request.
To request personal information, please email email@example.com.
4.1 What are cookies?
A cookie is a piece of information stored in a small file which is sent to and from web pages. They can be used to identify that you’ve visited websites before and some will be stored on your computer by your web browser. They are anonymous, so they don’t store any personal information of any kind.
IT 4 Kids websites
We use short-term cookies to recognise your device as you move around our site and to remember any information you have entered into search boxes for next time you visit us.
Measuring web traffic
We use programs such as Google Analytics to help us find out how many people visit our websites, which pages and parts are most popular, how long people spend in each area and what information people are searching for. These insights help us understand how to improve our websites.
We also use products like Google Analytics Advertising, including remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting features. These products help us understand what ads work best so we can more effectively promote our products and services to you.
4.3 How can you manage cookies and where can you find further information?
You can also stop us collecting data through the following sources:
- Google Analytics Advertising Features – visit https://www.google.com/settings/ads/ and adjust your personal settings.
However, please remember some of our cookies are essential for our websites to work properly.
The internet industry body, the Internet Advertising Bureau, has set up a website to provide information and advice on cookies, tags and behavioural advertising, you can click here to find out more. Another trusted source which gives information about how to delete and control cookies is www.aboutcookies.org/.
If you have any questions about the way we handle your personal information, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to help you.